MAJOR ACHIVEMENTS IN PAST TWO YEARS
- With our efforts, the Govt of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has notified an official Got committee called “Chief Minister’s Special Committee on the rights of Transgender Persons. This is the first committee of its kind in Pakistan. There is no such committee in other parts of the Pakistan. TransAction is part of this Govt Committee.
- With our mobilization and advocacy efforts Govt of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has announced to formulate the Transgender Protection Policy 2017. This will be the first ever protection policy for the Transgender and intersex persons in Pakistan.
- With our efforts and judicial interventions Transgender and intersex community is first time counted in the national census of Pakistan.
- With our efforts, Women Parliamentary Caucus (KP) moved a resolution in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly calling for the political empowerment and inclusion of Transgender and intersex community. This resolution was unanimously approved in KP assembly.
- With our efforts and mobilization National working group on rights of transgender persons was formed by office of the federal ombudsperson.
- We successfully mobilized Federal Govt to establish a senate committee on the rights of marginalized persons including 14 Senators.